Choosing the most suitable cable plans in 2021 is a task. This requires tedious research and some thorough analysis and comparison of all the available competitors in the market. On average, you can expect a cable plan for around $50 per month. You will see many companies offering their services at a price that is even below this average.
If you are looking for economical yet one of the best cable plans, you can consider RCN plans and that will not disappoint you. We recommend that for both business users as well as residential plans. RCN (similar to all the providers in the market) offers different packages depending on the area. With RCN plans, you can watch your local and sub-channels – it serves similarly as you have had enjoyed using an OTA antenna.
If watching only the basic channels is not what you want, you can go for the Suddenlink plan. This internet plan feels a bit slower (except for a few areas) compared to other high-speed internet services in the market. However, if you can pay an extra $10, go for the Optimum Cable plan, where you can enjoy 10 more channels.
Satellite And Cable Providers And Their Plans
- RCN is most economical yet reliable only for $29.99 to $89.99 a month. Channels: 61–304+
- DISH overall best cable provider for $64.99 to $94.99 a month. Channels: 190–290+
- Cox incredible DVR for $50.00 to $209.99 a month. Channels: 75–250+
- Suddenlink gets you free premiums for $40.0 to $124.99 a month. Channels: 200–340+
- Spectrum gets you the value for money in $44.99 to $94.99 a month. 125–200+ channels
- Optimum with contract buyout option of up to $500 for $55.00 to $124.99 a month. 210–340+ channels)
- Xfinity gets you X1 DVR for $46.95 to $89.49 a month. 125–260+ channels.
- Verizon FiOS with a maximum # of channels for $50.00–$90.00 a month. 125–425+ channels.
- DIRECTV through CenturyLink for $64.99–$134.99 a month. 160–330+ channels. You can simply dial CenturyLink customer service phone number and they will guide you through.
For the cheapest internet connections, you can consider the Going OTA Cable plan. All you need is an OTA antenna that you can purchase for around $20. With this option, you can enjoy watching your favorite channels without paying any monthly fee. If you are looking for the best OTA antenna, you can consider the Mohu Leaf 50 for $69.99.
Mohu is an indoor antenna tailored to receive TV without any cost, in uncompressed and full 1080 HD. Using this tool from FCC (Federal Communication Commission) will help you identify the range needed from your antenna. Having an antenna with a strong range will allow you to watch more channels and that makes it an ideal deal.
If by any chance, you cannot find your desired cable service provider in your area, can’t afford to subscribe to one, or considering moving in a few months. You should consider streaming services. When talking about the live streaming services, you can consider Hulu plus Live TV and Sling TV as the top options. There are over 60 channels with Hulu Live. Additionally, you can enjoy the on-demand library, cloud DVD, and two streams. You can enjoy all this for $54.99 per month. If you can pay an additional $6, you can buy its no-ads plan. In addition, for an additional $14.99 per month, you can watch unlimited streams with 200 hours of cloud DVR.
On the other hand, Sling TV doesn’t offer you plenty of channels. However, we still consider it as one of the best streaming platforms. It offers a lot of add-ons at affordable prices. It is the significant reason why Sling TV is one of the best options in 2021.
With Philo, you can watch over 63 channels for around $25 per month. It is much cheaper than a conventional cable plan. Thus, we prefer it to an ordinary cable plan.
Live TV streaming could be the best choice for everyone. The only requirement is that you must have a strong and reliable internet connection.
Other options you can consider are Pluto, Tubi, and Xumo. It all depends on your need, budget, and preference.